Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Erickson: why NYC's adjusted count now compares apples-to-apples on COVID-19 and flu deaths



[I'm sharing excerpts from this article by Erick Erickson because it addresses a common reaction I've seen online to the news that New York City is counting presumed cases in addition to confirmed cases in their COVID-19 death toll. Be sure to read his full article.]

Why NYC Adjusted Its Death Count for COVID-19

It allows an apples to apples comparison with flu now


I hate to do a Vox style explainer on this, but I already see people on the right asserting some pretty wild claims about this New York Times story and I actually did pick up the phone, talk to people at the CDC, and have an accurate understanding of what is going on.

Read more »

from MuskogeePolitico.com