Saturday, January 2, 2021

Congressman Hern: Here's why I will object to electoral college vote count

1st District Congressman Kevin Hern announced today that he will join many of his fellow Republican congressmen in objecting to the electoral college vote when it is formally tallied in a joint-session of Congress on January 6th. Below is his statement on why he will do so:


Today, I write to announce my intent to join efforts on January 6 to object to the counting of electoral college votes in those states failing to follow their own election laws and procedures in the administration of the presidential election. I also call on my colleagues in Congress to not only fully investigate election improprieties, but to also study and debate measures that can be implemented to protect elections in the future. 

Since November, I have been contacted by countless constituents expressing their concerns with the security and administration of this year’s presidential election. I believe this issue strikes at the very heart of our national identity, because the success and longevity of our Republic relies on the fundamental idea of free and fair elections. 

Read more »


by Jamison Faught - January 02, 2021 at 10:57AM
 

Congressman Hern: Here's why I will object to electoral college vote count

Click the title to read the entire article at Muskogee Politico