Wednesday, July 29, 2020

1889 Institute op-ed: Why I am not Pro-Business


Why I Am Not Pro-Business
By Byron Schlomach

Most who consider themselves conservative, even many with libertarian leanings, are comfortable with describing themselves as pro-business.

Not me.

Just because I’m not pro-business doesn’t mean I’m anti-business, though. I’m pro-free enterprise.

Chambers of Commerce across the nation are pro-business, especially pro-BIG business. They are established to represent their business members, with large corporations usually the most influential amongst their numbers. Chambers of Commerce almost always favor business subsidies, special tax breaks for certain businesses that small businesses don’t get, or exempt only certain businesses from regulation. They specialize in persuading gullible politicians anxious to get their faces in the news at ribbon-cutting ceremonies to favor these policies.
Read more »


by Jamison Faught - July 29, 2020 at 11:45AM
 

1889 Institute op-ed: Why I am not Pro-Business

Click the title to read the entire article at Muskogee Politico